GRACE & FLAVOUR VOLUNTEERS
The main working party day is Saturday with regular sessions also on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the main season.
Anyone wishing to help out on our sites can turn up any time from 9am.
Saturday starts with harvesting in the morning and then gardening duties through the day.
There's always a good group of people, the hard core that turn up every time and those that can come when they can make it. It's not just about growing, we always have a good chat, catch up with each other and often put the world to rights. Copious amounts of hot tea and cake are always available.
Everyone is welcome!
Rotas UPDATED MARCH 2018
Polytunnel & Watering
The Rota, below has started and John has also provided a few bullets as a reminder of what is needed....
|Sunday||Ray Beard||Ashley & Claire Brown|
|Monday||John Fluker||Bob Spackman|
|Tuesday||Morning Team||Ray Beard|
|Wednesday||Robin Satow||Michael Trower|
|Thursday||Team Day (John Whitlock)|
|Friday||Tim Bennett||John Whitlock|
|Saturday||Team Day (Robin Satow)|
Remember there are now 2 polytunnels and the greenhouse.
All the plants in the greenhouse are tender and need to be moved if low temperatures are forecast
Middle polytunnel at present needs to be kept the coolest as it is all salads.
Far polytunnel is a mixture but would probably benefit from being marginally warmer than middle polytunnel.
Can you make contact with your partner on the same day so you can liaise.
PLEASE ARRANGE A SWAP OR FOR SOMEONE TO TAKE OVER IF YOU ARE AWAY. OR LET JOHN W KNOW
- Open both Polytunnels and Frames, if it is going to be warm open every door and all side vents. Otherwise open appropriately, but we must not overheat the tunnels.
- Use the netted frames to cover the frames that have brassicas in them to stop cabbage whites laying eggs.
- Water the soil grown crops in the polytunnels using the lances and aiming to water the soil not the plants.
- If you have time look for any slug damage and any slugs.
- Close both polytunnels and frames. This may change if we get very hot weather.
- Check any modules or pots if any are dry, water carefully with a lance.
- Check the outside cold frame modules and pots and if any are dry, water carefully with a lance.
- Cover the outside cold frames with the relevant mesh covers.
- DO NOT WATER SOIL GROWN CROPS.
- If you have time look for any slug damage and slugs.
G & F Expense Sheet
G & F Time Sheet
G & F Constitution
G & F Handbook
G & F Handbook Appendix